It is important to know that most of the borderlands 2 players are much aware of BLCMM. Yes, it is nothing but Borderlands Community Mod Manager. For information, this could be the application which is highly used by the games. Yes, in order to experience various modifications when it comes to Borderlands 2 game. Well, when you have a look at this application, it is completely fine with older version in Borderlands 2. At the same time, it is necessary to know that whenever the update is happening by the developers, we will get to see BLCMM Hexedit Executable error while launching your game.
The main reason of such thing is where the current version is not mostly supportive to latest patch that is released by the developers. So, here, we are going to have a discussion on various ways in order to fix the error further.
So, whenever you are looking forward to find the solution, it is necessary for your know more details on what exactly hex editor is and how does it works.
Things to know about Hex Editor
For information, it is said to be the software program that is highly used for analysing as well as handling to run the codes like hexadecimal on your PC. Yes, you need to know that the hex editor is simple to the users when it comes to customizing the data and highlight or display in a smoother manner. At this stage, when you are looking forward to make an edit in hex editor file then that is what it will display in the main program for sure. The thing is whenever you are planning to use hex editor when it comes to Borderlands 2, and then we will get to witness that you are setting your own values as well as hex values.
How to fix unknown BLCMM Hexedit Executable Error
For information, here we are going to share some of the methods which have been proved already. Hopefully, it will be helpful for all the seekers.
Add the value in Hex Editor manually
In case, if you are experiencing that the BLCMM is not working for you, then you need to focus on fixing the things on your own that is manually. However, it is also said to be quite tricky all the way. But there is a chance to witness the success.
For information, it is important to know that you need to enable the console using command “willowinput.ini”
For Linux: ~/.local/share/aspyr-media/’X’/willowgame/config/
Mac: library/application support/’X’/willowgame/config/
For Windows: documents/my games/’X’/willowgame/config/
- At this stage, it is important to check out that the “X” mentioned here must be replaced by Borderlands 2.
- If the file is found, you can go ahead and open through text editor. All you need to open the respective file and tap on go to Edit -> Find and make sure to search for [Engine.Console].
- For information, under this file, you will get a chance to find consolekey= and Typekey=
- At this stage, you can assign the values as Consolekey=Tilde & Typekey= Backlash
- If you are the one when planning to assign the values during the time of playing the game, then pressing Consolekey will mainly support to open the console that inludes log which is available at the screen top. On the other hand, if you press Typekey, then it will support to open the respective console that comes up with command line where you can check at the bottom.
Here are some of the commands where you can enter manually
- Stat FPS
Manual Hex Editing in Windows
For information, this is the main method which is used to modify the executable in terms of unlock the console. So, if you are the one who is handling as a user of windows, then follow the below steps.
- At first, it is necessary for you to install hex-editor program where you can move to the directory here Borderlands is installed. Make sure to follow BORDERLANDSGAME/Binaries/Win32.
- You can now go ahead and open the Borderlands2.exe when it comes to hex-editor program which is installed.
- By checking out the drop-down menu, you can have a look at “Search” and then “Replace”.
- You can set the option to “hex values”.
- Get to witness 83 C4 0C 85 C0 75 1A 6A with 83 C4 0C 85 FF 75 1A 6A
- Now, replace with 73 00 61 00 79 00 with 00 00 00 00 00 00
- Finally, you can save the changes and finish it
Borderlands Hex Multitool
It is important to know that due to incompatibility between the Borderlands 2 as well as BLCMM mod application, the BLCMM Hexedit executable is happening. At this stage, you can ahead with Borderlands Hex Multitool. So, you need to know that this tool demand .NET framework 4.5 in order to work smoothly. During this time, it is important to have 4.5 or upgrade version that has to be installed in Windows.
So, you need to know that this tool is mainly similar to BLCMM but the thing is you are not going to get any mod organization. Also, you can witness that comes up with some patches like turning off sanity checks as well as maximum currency.
Once done installing with Hex multitool, it is necessary to set the hex values. At this stage, you need to know that the values will be varied for different versions when it comes to Borderlands 2. So, you need to test mostly on your own hex value. Yes, it will continue until you don’t get BLCMM Hexedit Executable error.
Install and Run Borderlands Hex Multitool
- If the downloading process of tool is done, follow the below steps.
- Firstly, you need to open and expand “Setup Filepaths” where available at the top section.
- Now, make sure to tap on “Select Path” and move ahead to choose “Borderlands2.exe”.
- Go ahead to tap on the game icon when it comes to patch and choose respective changes and tap on “Apply” button.
Hopefully, the above mentioned two methods are supportive when it comes to troubleshoot the BLCMM Hexedit Executable error. At this stage, you can go ahead to edit manually the hex values or install Borderlands Hex Multitool in Windows. In case, if both of the discussed methods are not working for you, then all you need to wait for the BLCMM latest version by the developers.